A Case Report of Papulo-pustular Rosacea-Like Reaction after the Second Dose of Pfizer Vaccine
Iraqi Postgraduate Medical Journal,
2022, Volume 21, Issue 1, Pages 127-130
AbstractCoronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) has affected countries around the world. The introduction of COVID-19 vaccines has proved the most effective weapon in the fight against the disease.
The massive vaccination campaign against COVID-19 pandemic started in 2020 lead to significant decrease in the number of symptomatic infected patients and a decline in the mortality related to COVID-19 infection. However, with the vaccination of billions of people, data on vaccine-induced adverse reactions are also emerging.
Here we report a 50 year old woman who manifested a papule-pustular rash within 24hours of receiving the second dose of pfizerBioNTech COVID19 vaccine. We report this case to raise awareness regarding various cutaneous manifestations associated with COVID-19 vaccination.
- Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/news-updates [Last accessed on 2021 Dec 12]
- Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00290-x [Last accessed on 2021 Dec 18]
- McMahon DE, Amerson E, Rosenbach M, Lipoff JB, Moustafa D, Tyagi A, et al. Cutaneous reactions reported after moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination: A registry-based study of 414 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021;85:46-55. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Merrill ED, Kashem SW, Amerson EH, Pincus LB, Lang UE, Shinkai K, et al. Association of facial pustular neutrophilic eruption with messenger RNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. JAMA Dermatol. 2021;157:1128-30. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Ciccarese G, Drago F, Rebora A, Parodi A. Two cases of papulo-pustular rosacea-like eruptions following COVID-19 vaccinations. J Eur Acad Derm Venereol. 2021;35:e868-70. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Ewer KJ, Barrett JR, Belij-Rammerstorfer S et al. T cell and antibody responses induced by a single dose of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) vaccine in a phase 1/2 clinical trial. Nat Med 2021; 27: 270– 278CrossrefCASPubMedWeb of Science®Google Scholar
- Sahin U, Muik A, Derhovanessian E et al. COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b1 elicits human antibody and TH1 T cell responses. Nature 2020; 586: 594– 99.CrossrefCASPubMedWeb of Science®Google Scholar
- Marson JW, Baldwin HE. Rosacea: a holistic review and update from pathogenesis to diagnosis and therapy. Int J Dermatol 2020; 59: e175– e182.Wiley Online LibraryPubMedWeb of Science®Google Scholar
- Hayran Y, Şen O, Fırat Oğuz E et al. Serum IL-17 levels in patients with rosacea. J Cosmet Dermatol2021; 20. Online ahead of print PubMedGoogle Scholar
10. Hayran Y, Lay I, Mocan MC, Bozduman T, Ersoy-Evans S. Vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms in patients with rosacea: A case-control study. J Am Acad Dermatol 2019; 81: 348– 354.CrossrefCASPubMedWeb of Science®Google Scholar
11. Sun Q, Fathy R, McMahon DE, Freeman EE. COVID-19 vaccines and the skin. The landscape of cutaneous vaccine reactions worldwide. Dermatol Clin. 2021;39:653-73. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
12. Henry D, Henry D. Herpes zoster following ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 corona virus vaccine (recombinant): A case report. J Skin Sex Transm Dis 1-3. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Article View: 37
- PDF Download: 90